Tuesday, August 6, 2013

3rd Appointment

19 weeks, 4 days
Midwife Tania



Tania was actually the midwife on staff when I went into labor with Garrett, but she was on the last few hours of her shift so I barely saw her.  When I told her that, she was like, oh I probably was super tired at that point.  Ya think?  I got there around 3 in the morning.  They switch midwives every 24 hours at 7 AM. 

Normal appointment.  I had to remind everyone that I don't know what the gender is yet so no one accidently mentioned it.  One more week until we find out. 

When I was getting on the table to hear the heartbeat, she saw my legs and asked me what I was doing.  I told her T25 and she said "pregnant?"  LOL.  When I let her know that I was doing the modified low intensity version she was much happier.  Made my day!

Denied more testing today.  I asked about the really short sonogram and she said that she knows he is good and he is good at looking at everything fast.  So I asked her if everything was normal and she said yes, but she would try to book me for a regular OB sonogram if I wanted.  No need, just wanted to be sure since he just poked around and didn't say much.  She said I measured exactly to date on the sonogram so my due date stands.

Baby's heartbeat was 142 and I had my first stomach measurement today.  Measured exactly 19 weeks, so all you people that think I am growing too fast are wrong.  She did ask me if I was worried about my weight gain and I'm not.  I have gained more than normal, but I maintain it is my weight lifting schedule and that is what I'm sticking with. 

Next appointment is in 4 weeks and then 4 weeks after that I have my appointment and glucose test.

This week's craving:  Luigi's Strawberry Italian Ice

Garrett pulls my shirt up every night now, pats it and says "ball!"  Good times :)

Pretty much 20 weeks till we have a baby and Christmas is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment