Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pinterest Cravings

Decided I should finally try out a few things on Pinterest, but in Rachel fashion I did not follow the directions 100%.  Oddly, this rarely ends in tragedy so that is good.

 


I started last night with a bath.  One long enough to actually scrub and shave my legs.   Oh my!  I tried out this Leg Exfoliator recipe.  It worked pretty good on my legs and feet, but it clogs the razor with the oil.  I kept having to rinse out the razor in the hottest water I could get.  But, this morning my legs are pretty smooth and softer than normal.  The instructions say to do it twice, but twice seemed like overkill.  Once is enough if you don't have the added time.  Make sure to rinse off with your soap of choice before getting out of the tub.  I was using G's tub so baby shampoo it was! I am storing the rest of the mixture in my fridge and cleaned out the tub immediately.  Ants in the tub would not be relaxing.  I also am keeping a plastic spoon in the jar because it will need to be stirred up before each use.  (You can shake it too, but my lid does not seem to be fitting right)

 
After my bath, I made Watergate Ice Cream.  I love Watergate Salad.  I saw this recipe online for Cantaloupe Sherbet but only had pineapple onhand.  Pineapple led me to watergate and new ice cream was created. 
 
Blend together in blender:
2 cups of fresh pineapple
1 packet of Pistachio Pudding powder
and
 1 can of fat free sweetened condensed milk
Stir in:
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup marshmallows
Either use an ice cream maker or just put in a freezer container and freeze overnight. 



This morning we are trying Amish Cinnamon Bread.  Like I said, I never follow directions.  I replaced 1 cup of the flour with oat flour instead (just oats blended into flour...easy enough), used brown sugar instead of white sugar (white sugar is boring) and added vanilla. 



I discovered my Penzey's vanilla has an actual vanilla bean in it.  What a surprise, but sadly the reason I found out is because I am out of Vanilla.  Just got my new coupon for Penzey's so I am going to take advantage of Mark's Saturday off and G's nap and go get more.  Can't be without good vanilla.  That would be a real tragedy.  Find a Penzey's near you or order online.  My mom introduced me to their spices after she had ordered some online.  The day after she told me about them, we were driving through the Arlington Highlands and she spotted the actual store.  Only place for spices.  My cupboard is slowly becoming a Penzey spice cabinet. 



The recipe supposedly makes 2 large loafs.  I ended up with 12 muffins and a 9x9 pan.  I added blueberries to the pan.  Just sprinkle a little flour on some frozen blueberries so they get coated and I put it on top of the 1st layer of batter, then the cinnamon mixture then a little more batter, a few more blueberries and swirled.  G and I love blueberry cinnamon bread.  He LOVES LOVES it!

G enjoying Pinterest Craving Day
 
All in all, a great Pinterest craving weekend.  Maybe I'll try a chicken marinade I found online tonight.  I will need to talk Mark into grilling first.  Will share later if it turns out. 

What have you tried on Pinterest? 

No comments:

Post a Comment