Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2nd Appointment with the midwives

7/9/13
Midwife Candace (you see a different one each time so you have met them all by the time you deliver)

First off (which has nothing to do with having babies), I have this goal of not using elevators.  It wasn't one of those thought out, write it down type goals.  It was just in the back of my mind and I started consciously not using them at work.  So when I got to the hospital for my appointment today I was faced with a decision:  go the way I know and use the elevators to get from my car parked on the 2nd floor of the garage or take the stairs.  Seems easy enough except the stairs do not land at the same spot as the elevator.  Make sense?  I had no idea.  Turns out it takes you to a secret tunnel into the building and once you finally get to the end of it you are somehow at the entrance to the building.  So then it was a mad dash to find the stairs inside the building to get to the 3rd floor.  Finally located them and was good to go.  Retraced my steps back to my car easy enough after the appointment. 

This was just one of those not very exciting appointments where all we really talked about was the 4th of July since that was just last week.  I declined all the genetic testing that they normally do this week since it isn't going to change the outcome of us having a baby.  I didn't bother with them last time so why start now, right?  Forgot to make sure that was okay with Mark this time, but I'm sure he is fine with it.  Finally it was time to search for the heartbeat with the dopplar.  It took a few minutes, but turns out this baby is hanging out really low on my right side.  I mean groin area low.  Who knew.  Heard a loud heartbeat once she had that sucker in the right location.  It was about 140-150 this time.  So that is good. 

She asked me one more time if I was doing good or had any questions.  No questions, but I told her I honestly was thrilled she had found a heartbeat.  Ever since the bleeding, nausea and morning sickness went away I have pretty much not felt pregnant at all.  Clearly my belly is growing so you would think that would have been a satisfactory indication that a baby was growing in there, but never the less I was worried.  No more worry.  Baby is hanging out in a strange spot but he or she is fine. 

Being pregnant is so strange.  I'm not sure I will ever get over having been through these experiences.  You just cannot explain to someone what it feels like to listen to the heartbeat of a life growing in your belly.  Amazing!

The sonogram has been scheduled so a gender reveal will be here soon.  I think I will save the date and just surprise you.  Haha, the joys of being the momma.  But seriously Mark probably will not make it off work in time to go to this one so if anyone wants to go I have an opening. 

Anyone want to make a guess?  Girl?  or Boy? 


No comments:

Post a Comment