Saturday, October 19, 2013

28 week appointment

28 weeks, 6 days
Midwife Kathleen

It is now like a week later and I'm finally writing this, so only 10 more weeks until he is due. I still think he will be early though.



This was my 1 hour glucose test appointment.  Yuck!!!  Drink a flat sugary soda and then get your blood drawn an hour later.  Good times.  As was the case with G, I later found out I failed it.  So next week I take the 3 hour (which I passed with G).  Hopefully I will pass this one. 

So while I was waiting around I had my regular appointment.  She went over my thyroid test, which is now fine, but apparently I will need to continue to test each year just to be sure.  We listened to the baby.  I was so busy listening I don't think she ever told me his heartrate.  I'm so not good with details.  She measured my belly.  Only measuring 30 weeks, so only a week ahead of schedule.  Not bad.  I'm thinking this little guy is smaller than G.  He sure moves like he has plenty of space in there.  He is breach at the moment.  His head is hanging out on my right side and his little feet are hanging out on the left. 

She asked me a million times if I had any questions.  I didn't.  While I'm starting to get back into that tired, feeling huge phase, this pregnancy is super easy.  She went back and forth a few times trying to decide if my weight was an issue.  That is the most annoying part about appointments.  Who cares how much I weigh?  My weight fluctuates 5 pounds in a single day, pre-prego and prego.  The only thing about my body that looks different than before I got pregnant is my stomach.  I still lift weights most days of the week.  Luckily, she decided my weight was not an issue and moved on.  I need to add a "Do NOT discuss the SCALE" clause in my file.  Scales are evil :)  I do not like them, even if you are pregnant they do not accurately measure anything.  That is what I am sticking with anyway!

Today I went to Kohls for maternity clothes and ended up coming home with B's coming home from the hospital outfit.  It's so cute.  I can't wait to cuddle up with him when he gets here.  Decided on Newborn size, because even though G was big he still didn't fit 0-3 months stuff that first week.  Diapers however he was in size 1 on day 2 :) 



As for people's strange prego comments I had 1 older lady tell me this week that because I cross my arms at the top of my stomach, my baby will come out with a conehead.  I wanted to deck her.  If you don't have something nice or constructive to say, keep your mouth shut.  I guess maybe to her that was constructive and perhaps she is really concerned for me, but really there is no basis for your silly old wive tales.  One of my leads tells me daily that I just now look pregnant.  She tells me this EVERY DAY LOL and has for the last 2 months. 

I am now procrastinating on nesting, if there is such a thing.  The last round of baby clothes have been sorted and sitting in piles on my love seat for the last month.  Grandpa Pugh was here not too long ago and I still didn't bother to move them.  Maybe a project for this weekend.  We'll see. 

Maybe they will let me run over to L&D while I waste time between blood draws at the 3 hour so I can see the water birth suite.  It was completed like 2 months after G was born.  Go figure! I had G in 1 of the 2 rooms with a tub that they used for water births at the time, but it wasn't any more comfy that a tub at home so fine for relaxing, but not pushing.  Hopefully no other mommas go into labor when I do so I can get to that water birth suite first.  Going to try the whole water birth thing again I think. 

Well, I've been trying to write this for a week and now I'm even more exhausted :)  That pretty much sums up everything going on so far.  I have my next regular appointment in 2 weeks so I'll be 32 weeks then.  It is going by so fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment